Setting up Your Book Page
(only for new authors)
For most authors, this isn’t rocket science…BUT if you still have not published your book on the KDP platform, here are your instructions. Hitting the “publish” button can be somewhat of a terrifying experience for some authors but I promise you, it’s not as bad as you think! When you start to see the sales rolling in, you’re going to be ecstatic.
- First, you are going to want to go to amazon.com, and scroll all the way down to the very bottom. In a group of links, somewhere in the middle, click on Kindle Direct Publishing.
- After signing in, it will take you to your dashboard. Click "Start your Title Now" and the book details form will pop up.
- You WILL want to enroll in KDP select, so go ahead and click that check box.
- Enter in just the basic info for your book, such as title and author information, and save it as a draft. You will go back to it once we have your file and title ready.
- You will want to click the "Bookshelf" tab on top left corner to leave the book form. The bookshelf is where you will go to find your books, make any edits, and to find your book live in the kindle store once published.
- For now, go ahead and click on the icon at top right where it says "your name’s account". It may have you sign back in.
- Then you will be directed to a form where you will enter your personal info for tax and royalties. You can add your bank account for direct deposit or receive a paper check.
- Once this is all set up, click on the "Reports" tab next to the Bookshelf. Here is where you will check your sales, promotional options and payment reports. Explore around and get familiar with your dashboard.
- Once you’re ready to take the plunge, go back to your bookshelf, click on your title, and download your book file and cover.
- Set your price, which I recommend to set at $2.99 or above (to collect the 70% royalties).
- Now check the agreement box, and go for the gold!